Video: What's happening at CLC on February 2nd, 2018

What's New in the Boatshop - 2 Feb 2018

Take a quick walk through the shop on a February Friday at Chesapeake Light Craft.

• See how we film scale-model-building videos.
  • The mystery of combining a lug-rigged Northeaster Dory with inwales is solved!
  • The new rowing shell is ready for varnish.
  • The 1994 Nick Schade Guillemot kayak restoration proceeds apace.
  • Kaholo paddleboards are proliferating like Tribbles.
  • Wooden airplanes make an appearance.
  • And for the hardcore boatshop nerds, we take a close look at some of the big CNC machine's complex peripheral gear.

Click here

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Video: What's happening at CLC on February 2nd, 2018

I LOVE these shop updates and any explanation about what's going on on the Shopcam.  Until I'm actually an employee of CLC, I'll just have to settle for shop tours.  I'm embarking on my 2nd CLC build (e.g EP, TAPM).

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule for the tour and updates at CLC, always interested on what's happening.

I'm going to watch the February 2nd video over and over and over and over and...

:-)

Laszlo

John, thanks for the update.  Where will you post the dory inwale project photos?  I am still looking for ideas on the mast thwart attachment.  I've experimented with a couple designs but nothing is glued up yet.  Dave

Hey Dave,

Have you seen this article John wrote a while ago?

https://www.clcboats.com/modules/framework/page.php?section=life-of-boats-blog&page_alias=inwales_for_plywood_boats&pc=july4   

Yes, I have seen the article you posted. I was referring to John's OP and mention of "a tutorial with pictures to be posted in 2 weeks or so".  thanks,

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.