Sketchbook is a glimpse into the daydreams of Chesapeake Light Craft's stable of boat designers. It's a very lightly curated catalog of our musings and experiments, committed to paper and then, usually...stuffed in drawers. These are the sketches that keep our creative juices flowing. The ideation of a small boat design runs a dozen trajectories, and the offspring of an idea will grow into a concept of its own. 

While all these concepts abide by the laws of physics, few - if any - fit the criteria for Chesapeake Light Craft kit production.They're too expensive, too complicated, or too wacky to suit CLC's catalog. But they showcase the scope of our design work, and it's more fun to share it than to keep it locked away on a hard drive.

Before you snap at us to get back to the IMPORTANT work, understand that 95% of this work was done in the off-hours. The other 5%? Sometimes we just have to play. 



 
SKETCHBOOK: Jasper's Boat » May 19, 2020 by Dillon Majoros
SKETCHBOOK: "Shanty Boat" » May 20, 2020 by Dillon Majoros
SKETCHBOOK: "Seabrook" » May 20, 2020 by John C. Harris
SKETCHBOOK: "Mullet" » May 20, 2020 by Dillon Majoros
SKETCHBOOK: "Lex" » May 20, 2020 by Dillon Majoros
SKETCHBOOK: "John's Faering Cruiser" » May 20, 2020 by John C. Harris
SKETCHBOOK: "Endurance Rowing Boat" » May 20, 2020 by John C. Harris
SKETCHBOOK: "Blue Monk," A Pocket Cruiser » Jul 1, 2020 by John C. Harris
SKETCHBOOK: "11'6" Beach Cruiser" » May 20, 2020 by John C. Harris

 


Follow us on Instagram: @clcboats & @clcteardrop