Rolling my 17lt

Posted by Susan on Jun 20, 2005

Okay, I've watched Beyond The Cocpit and learned a few things that I practice each time I go out. It has definitely given me more confidence in the kayak. I've even gained the ability to re-enter from the rear deck. I went out and purchased a paddle float, but now I question whether or not it was worth it. I found that by simply sliding the paddle under the aft deck bungee I have sufficient support for the re-entry.

I also want to learn to roll. The past three times I've gone out I've attempted this refreshing maneuver. Yes, that's about all it does for me, well, besides helping me get out of the yak quickly too.

The most I've been able to roll is an aproximation of - now get this, 185 degrees. If the fish could only talk! Hip flicking... Yeah baby, watch her go!

Are there any videos that are helpful?

Sue

PS I should be able to get some of the pictures up by the end of the week.

I also apologized for claiming that the fella in the lawn chair chariot was my beloved Bernie. The fella in the photo said somehow my thread found its way back to his woman and now he is in some hot water. I emailed her directly setting the entire matter straight. I hope it worked. Geesh, I hope the poor guy doesn't have to spend the rest of his nights out on that contraption on account of my sillyness.

Replies: