Re: Rolling my 17lt

Posted by Susan on Jun 21, 2005

Thanks all for your suggestions and opinions.

I agree learning bad habits at the start can be a real problem (especially when one is young and arrogant). I also know from experience that instructors carry their own inadequacies and translate them into rule.

My middle age brain takes a lot of repetitions now before I develop the so called Hard Wiring. I really believe that if I keep an open mind I can overcome most bad habits when presented later with the official version.

My favorite instructors are those who say, "I do it this way, but I know that it can be done that way as well. Humor me for now Susan, and try it my way."

I'm in the NY/NJ/CT area and if there are any Female insructors who are willing to provide one to one, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

I came across the following link, and I am curious as to what some of your thoughts are on the information contained:

http://www.kayak.dk/kkkk/kajak/technique/01.HTM

Sue

By the way, my three attempts so far at rolling have been attempted without the use of a paddle. You could say that I've been trying to scoop my way to the surface.

Rolling

In Response to: Rolling my 17lt by Susan on Jun 20, 2005

Replies: