Center board and thwart location (EP pram)

On the eastport pram? Location of the center board bulkhead and thwart measurment?  S&G isn't forgiving if the loctation isn't correct.  The owner is searching for the booklet  as they are packing up to move and sell the house they are in. I'm trying to get a "feel" before I finish the boat.  The posted CLCphotos are of course not clear on deminsions for obivous reasons. 

pics coming!

Denise

omg. we Built 2 CLCs  (cape charles 18 & 17 before the internet.. it's been a long.... long time! 

Retired now, sold the big sailboat trying to get back to the wonders of plywood.

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Center board and thwart location (EP pram)

Okay,  the forward bulkhead that established the mast step location is 15-1/8" aft of the leading edge of the forward transom.

The bulkhead beneath the center thwart that establishes the aft end of the daggerboard case is located 83 1-1/16" aft of the leading edge of the forward transom.

Oops, too much caffeine, the center thwart is 52-1/4" aft.  The aft bulkhead is 83-11/16", not 83 1-1/16".  The font spacing is a little weird.  Sorry.

Thank you so much Captn! Using  the magic number  52.25"  the center bulkhead fit perfect and all the others seem to fall into place. Minimal trimming most likely.

I can't access this forum from my cell phone google.  it only goes into no response mode LOL

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.