COVID 19 PPE

This is something that any boat builder who has any PPE around their workshop, garage, basement or home can do to help out:  Today, I sent a PPE Care Package including disposable gloves and masks to a front line health care worker (hospital nurse in a high COVID 19 case density area). I am sure there are a lot of us with usable PPE that at risk health care workers need NOW more than we do.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: COVID 19 PPE

I as an emergency Physician thank you for your efforts.  I hope others will do the same.  I can tell you though, that the best thing you can do is stay home. Staying home now will prevent my exposure 2-3 weeks from now when you’re sick.   

RE: COVID 19 PPE

When posted three weeks ago, the point of this was to do what every health care facility in our area has now been pleading for, which is to donate any PPE that anyone has as supplies dwindle and need is high.  Where I live we are seeing requests for masks of any kind (even home made) and disposable gloves.  Staying at home is the norm here as well as a requirement.  Most disturbing is the minimal response to this post.  I am using a homemade mask for sanding and have one pair of nitrile gloves that have survived three weeks of regular use for epoxy and varnish work.  Yes, please stay at home, that's a given, but also, please do not hoard your PPE, donate it to the health care workforce that is in desperate need of it.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.