First timer.

�Time to rock and roll!. My kit is coming on Tuesday. I spent last couple of weeks surf around this site and putting together a work space for build. ( a free bay in my garage) I'm all set up for the first few steps and thanks to this site feeling confident getting started. Once I figure out how to post a picture, I will! Jimmy skiff II, penciled in launch date, Memorial day weekend, 2020..

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: First timer.

Congratulations!

The Building part is just as much fun as having a beautiful

wooden boat that floats!

I just finished a Passagemaker...had the best time ever! 

���Nice! Thanks. I keep seeing the finished product in my head. Me and my 5 yr old son rigging up ( me rigging, son jacked up asking 6k questions!) But getting out, having an adventure. I know it's the journey not the destination and I need to stay focused on the temperature in my garage for now!

Congratulations.  I build a slightly larger skiff a couple of years ago and love it.  My biggest advise for a new builder is to NOT set a launch date.  Just build the boat and it will be done when it is done.  When you set a date and try to work to a schedule, the temptation to cut corners is too high.

���Wow, that is a gorgeous boat! I hear you about the date, that's why I said penciled in. I really just wanted to make an official record of the start. Something to look back on when it's actually ready to get wet. Thanks for the picture! Sean

Hey Mac62, congrats on your project!  That's a great boat.  I have taken my 5 year old son out many times and have already had a couple of pirate-themed birthday parties at the local lake (I have a ton of small life jackets).  Enjoy your build and keep us posted on your progress.  Good luck with getting it done by Memorial Day.

Hey Jraggedy, congrats on the PM!  I just put the cover on mine to keep out the rain here in Seattle.

���Thanks Captain, will do. Packages arrived undamaged today. Here when I got home from work. No time to unpack probably until Saturday AM. Ahhh. Patience patience!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.