The Eclipse

I guess most of you have heard,  The  Solar Eclipse is crossing the nation on

Monday Aug 21.  

I'll be floating around Lake Murray SC (a few minutes West of Columbia), sporting Eclipse Safety Goggles and a flashlight.

Putting my WD12 in at  Dreher Island State Park about 12:30/1:00pm.  

I welcome any of y'all to join me.  It will be an adventure.  

Please let me know if you're interested, I'll look for you at the ramp.

Thanks

Bri 

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: The Eclipse

I'm not too far from there, but it looks like Dreher Island SP is filled up for the 21st, and my GF isn't too keen on being out among a lot of other boats. We may try to put in Lake Greenwood, but I imagine they are going to packed with party barges too. I'm still trying to talk her into it!    

Wasnt planning to camp or anything at DISP, just drive in early, launch and go.

Do I need a reservation or something for that day?   

If I'm understanding their website info correctly, all reserved parking is taken, and remaining parking is on a first come basis. I may have misinterpreted. The do provide a number to call for info - apparently they are expecting a large turnout on the 21st!

Hi Flotcho

To avoid the clouds and crowds, I ended up on Lake Wateree.  How was Lake Greenwood?   

Lake Keowee was perfect:

Nice. I was in Ironhorse Park, North Platte, NE. This shot was at almost 1:00 in the afternoon. There were kayaks on the pond, but my boat was 1300 miles away :-(

The diamond ring seemed to be further down from that location than at yours, Hooper.

Onward to 2024!

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.