Plans only build question

I'm looking to buy the eastport pram plans to build from scratch, and would like to know- 
Are all dimensions for cutting the ply included, even the size of the rabbets to be cut for the lapstitch joints?
Just want to be sure of every thing before I take the plunge
Many thanks in advance-
Tony

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Plans only build question

I just bought the Eastport Pram plans, and just today finished cutting out all of the parts.  If you're not familiar with the plans that CLC sends, you'll be pleasantly surprised (this is my second set of plans from CLC, the first being for the Kaholo SUP).  Plans come in three or four rolls, with each part full-sized.  There are several methods to transfer the plans to plywood.  I used CLC's recommendation to punch small holes with an awl and then connect the dots.  Works fine, but plan on several hours for this step.  

As far as your concern about the rabbets, it is all very clear when you look at the plans.

Sean.

RE: Plans only build question

I don't know about the Eastport Pram but I've built a Skerry, a Chesapeake 17LT and I have a nearly finished Kaholo 14 all built from paper plans. I live in Turkey and getting kits sent here would be far too expensive although I wouldn't mind a kit build!

If the Eastport Pram plans are as good as the others, and there's no reason to suspect they're not, then you should have no problems at all. CLC plans are good.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.