Maiden Voyage

First build - Great Auk Double. Started Thanksgiving weekend, 2015; launched 10/09/2016. http://s702.photobucket.com/user/Konnections/media/1009161026h.jpg.html

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Maiden Voyage

Sorry - having trouble getting Photbucket images to post in message - I'll have to try again later

Photobucket is one of the things about computors that make me "Grumpy". 

I suggest "TinyPic" as listed in the Help posting pictures link just above the list of posts.

Well, Tinypic didn't work - couldn't get past the ads/code, so let me try again with Photo Bucket...I think it's going to work this time

Looks good and it looks like you are having fun, that's what counts! Where were you paddling?

Thanks, Ralph. That was headed up Elkhorn Slough out of Moss Landing, CA. We figured we'd keep it in protected waters for the first paddle, and head out into Monterey Bay for our next trip.

I have thought of paddling in Elkhorn slough several times but I have not made the trip. It is supposed to be a good place for birds & seals. I live in the east bay and paddle in sloughs in the Delta and varioius reservors/lakes.

Ralph

RE: Elkorn Slough

I've been off line for a couple of weeks, Ralph, but Elkhorn Slough is a great place to paddle. Lots of seals, otters and birds, and if the weather is decent and the whales cooperating, you can head into Monterey Bay and within a mile or two see humpbacks and dolphins.   

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.