Skerry Panel Alignment

First, I would like to thank my wife for not only putting up with me taking over the garage, but for opening a bottle of wine the other night and helping me start stitching together my Skerry.

This morning I stitched on the first No.2 panel, and although the bow is correctly aligned, the stern is short by about .25”.  I don’t think this will be a problem in the end as I plan to paint the outside, and I think I can fill this in with thickened epoxy.  Is that a reasonable fix, or should I unwire the panel and re-wire it to better align the panels?

Thanks for the help,

Sam

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Skerry Panel Alignment

You know the answer - undo the wires and try again. If this is a kit build it should line up better than that, so it indicates some kind of twist.

If it's a plans build, you should also re-measure the panels so that you know you cut them properly.

It's really tempting to blast through and start gluing, but now is the easiest time to fix any problems and all it's going to cost is some time and wire. Later fixes will need a lot more work and expense.

Have fun,

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.