NE Dory build -- interior finished!

OK -- I'm pretty proud of this -- so I'm showing it off.  I pretty much have the interior of my dory finished -- maybe one more coat of varnish.  I'm using satin varnish on the plywood surfaces, glossy on the hardwood.  

Here's the link to the whole build album.

Cheers,

Dave M.

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: NE Dory build -- interior finished!

Nice work!  You did a great job on the interior varnish.  Do you plan to paint or varnish the exterior?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm thinking paint for the exterior.  Easier to touch up, and the contrast to the interior will be nice.

Dave M.  

It sure is a beautiful boat, Dave. I love the little video of how you flip it!

Nice job Dave, you're an inspiration and your photo blog has been really helpful!

Dave, great job, thanks for the pictures.  I noticed your spaced inwales are gone. It's a detail that I liked and was considering for my project.  Do you have some advice on the topic?  

Corvus -- The inwales are there -- maybe they are not showing up on your screen. I did use an alternate method for installing them (different from John H.'s method) that I describe in the build album and in a post of the forum. It took a couple extra days on the construction but I think it is definitely worth it.    

Dave M.

Beautiful job!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.