Need help with refinishing a cedar strip canoe

I have a cedar strip canoe that has great sentimental value and needs to be refinished.  I have neither the space nor the experience to do the job on my own.  Can somebody point me to a shop that does this sort of work or better yet a situation where I could work with sombody in their shop?  Many thanks in advance.

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Need help with refinishing a cedar strip canoe

Where are you?

Thanks.  I am in DC.  I would be bringing the canoe from West Virginia.

if you could take a couple pictures of your canoe and post them or post a link to them. you will find this very helpful sorting out the right person to help you to the extent that person does not live close by.

depending on the condition 'refinishinishing' can be as simple as a fresh coat of varnish to stripping the glass off the boat, repairing and rebuilding'

pictures will quickly help any experienced person size up the issues relative to their skills and potential costs involved without taking a lot of your time or their time to 'visit'.

howard

thank you Howard  .. I will dig one up and post

Hi Gary, I have a few projects going on now, but if time is on your side, email me and we can take a look at what you have.  [email protected]

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.