bloody well finished!

Well, unbelievably I finally finished my 1.5 year long effort to build a shearwater, with no experience before the build.  It has been a great journey, with a lot of frustration, learnings, help from mates, lots of help from the forum (my deepest gratitude to you all) and overall, a great sense of satisfaction for completing it to my satisfaction (although with lots of imperfections).

I actually feel a sense of loss that I dont have the project anymore, and will take a break but will think about having another go in the future.

The boat performs very well, as well as my carbon boats.  It is light and roomy, and tracks straight and true.  Very impressed.

Again, thanks to all on the forum who have given me insight and hope along the build journey.

I wish I could post a picture of the final product, but it seems this post system is text only.

Regards

Struggler (Sydney, Australia)

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: bloody well finished!

I hope this works:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2nqty6t.jpg   

Not only is that a really nice boat, but that shop is very inspiring. The view out the glass door with what looks like a rocky grotto looks to be very picturesque, and those just might be the best sawhorses that I have ever seen. Looks like they knock apart for storage. I may need to make myself a set.

A lovely happy boat born in a scenic environment. Well done,

Laszlo

Beautiful, and I concur on the great shop/workspace you have there. Very zen! 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.