Re: WR 18 ring bulkheads

Posted by M Davis on Apr 22, 2005

Thanks Dennis & Cliff for the feed-back. I got the two cockpit bulkheads located and the stitches tightened. Have to say that I am really impressed with the way the panels fit together. Those guys at CLC know a thing or two about CAD and CAM operations.

Bulkhead #1 fits very well except that the keel seam is pushed open about 1/16 of an inch. I'll see if I can figg'r out if I need to shave the bottom of the bulkhead or somewhere else to let the seam close tightly like it is on the rest of the keel.

I didn't have much time to spend on fitting bulkhead # 4 but it didn't look as good as the others. It seems to fit well on the side panels on down to the bottom panel corners, but has about a 1/2 inch gap between the bottom apex and keel. More time in the thinking chair.

Hmmm.....RMS? Could be but it looks more like the waviness filter was left on. Either that or I misread the light bands. Anyway, it looks like loosening and retightening the stitches between bulkhead #1 and the bow tip will help a lot. Then what the two clamping boards don't straighten will be deemed character.

Once again, thanks for your input.

MD

In Response to: Re: WR 18 ring bulkheads by Dennis Rioux on Apr 21, 2005

Replies: