CLC sent a new epoxy...

Posted by Rick on Apr 22, 2004

I ordered a little extra epoxy (regular resin and slow hardener) to finish my CH18 and rather than sending MAS brand (and without my knowledge) CLC sent some from a different company named System Three. Its called Silvertip Marine Epoxy and so I called CLC and they said its compatible with MAS and perhaps even better since its some new formulation that's supposed to be completely non-blushing (not that I ever saw any blushing with MAS slow hardener).

But they said not to mix it with MAS and since the old pumps don't screw into the new System Three bottles I can't use my old pumps (I even ordered new pumps not knowing they wouldn't fit the new bottles, bummer). They suggested I use the new pumps anyway, just sitting in the bottle, but if I use em like that I'm sure to knock em over and spill the stuff.

Anybody use this new stuff? CLC said they were planning on updating their website so in the future you'll have a choice between MAS and this new brand.

Kind of a drag about the pumps and I'm still concerned about changing brands mid-boat. Any comments.

Thanks, Rick.

Replies: