Re: CLC sent a new epoxy.

Posted by Ed, CLC on Apr 24, 2004

After reading this thread I though I should toss in my two cents. We (CLC) offer MAS and also System Three �Silver Tip�. Both of these brands are high quality products. If you know our company, you�ll know you can count on us for offering quality supplies and materials.

As many of you may know, we have used MAS for years. In fact they started in the same shop as CLC (on the MD Eastern Shore). This is still a great product and we still offer it. We have no plans to discontinue the MAS product line.

System Three (of WA state) started back in the 1970�s, and has been providing epoxy to the boatbuilding world for over 20 years. The �Silver Tip� product is new to their wide line up, and is much like the MAS, in that it is non-blushing. However, the Silver Tip is a total non-blushing system. That is to say, even the fast will not blush. Unlike the MAS, they do not offer medium cure. If you want a medium speed, simply mix the fast and slow together (this can also be done with the MAS). Another plus for the Silver Tip is that the hardener is very clear! Hence the �clear bottles�.

As for the pumps not fitting, Rick is correct. The Silver Tip quart and pint bottles currently will not allow for the pumps to screw in place. We have talked with System Three about this, and they are working to correct it. Remember that there is nothing wrong with using measuring cups, and both brands are 2:1 ratio. By the way, they are both compatible as well. We did lots of testing before adding the new brand.

Our web store will soon be updated with options to order MAS and/or Silver Tip. If you wish to order your epoxy on line, please do so. Simply use the notes box to tell us what brand you would like.

Thanks for all the great comments folks!

Ed @ CLC

In Response to: CLC sent a new epoxy... by Rick on Apr 22, 2004

Replies: