Thistle wood rails

I need new wood rails for my Thistle sailboat, 3 1/4 X 20'3"

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Thistle wood rails

OK. And you're telling us this because...? Is there a question we can help you with?

Laszlo

Well Mr Laszlo  I thought "I Need" was fairly clear but let me explain: I'm looking for a source to fulfill my need of purchasing new rails for my boat. Any one with an idea please respond, those of you with extra time to spare just ignore this, please. Thanks

Hi OW, 

if you haven't tried the Thistle Class site, i would try there.  https://thistleclass.com/

this forum is predominantly focused on self-built kayaks and small rowing sailing craft.....

so a question like above might need to be much more specific in specifying the material, dimensions and problem to see if there are any ideas from this group.

best, 

h

OW,

In addition to full dimensions and material, it's also helpful to know if you want finished rails, milled wood or just boards (rough or planed). Finally, it's also helpful to know approximately where you live, if you want the wood delivered or if you want to pick it up yourself. It's not that anyone's being pedantic or obstructionist or just snarky; better information will get you a more intelligent and useful answer.

All that said, CLC does sell kiln-dried marine lumber; sitka spruce, western red cedar, Alaskan yellow cedar, red oak, Peruvian walnut, sapele and cypress. They sell it as boards and milled products, finished and rough. The marine lumber product page is here, the search button is at the top of the sidebar on the right.

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.