10' Wood Duck Bulkhead

10' Wood Duck Hybrid parts include a bulkhead and 3 temporary hull forms. I am unable to find information in the instructions re when/if the bulkhead is peranently installed. Seems like it has to be after the deck is installed, unless one is putting in a hatch. 

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: 10' Wood Duck Bulkhead

I just ordered the 12' wood duck hybrid. It hasn't arrived yet. But in preparation for it, I watched the series on the Shearwater Hybrid. Based on those videos, the permanent bulkhead will be installed as you open up the hull after stiching it. So early in the build process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dHMet-BcD8&list=PLSARrZ3N1HAJ_3Z6W73VoYyNjSn8FINH4&index=6

RE: 10' Wood Duck Bulkhead

I've built the WD12, not the WD10 so I don't have 1st hand experience with the WD10 bulkhead staying in or not, but on CLC's WD10 page there's a time-lapse video of 2 WD10s, 2 WD12s and a Shearwater being constructed in the classroom. Only 4 boats are visible. One is the Shearwater so the other 3 have to be some combination of the 10s and 12s. All 4 have the bulkheads glued in before the decks are attached.

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.