How many Guiders have been built?

The subject kind of says it all. The Guider sings to me like no other boat I have ever seen. It's expensive, big, somewhat complicated, and new(ish). Of course, I am aware of Gavin Watson's project and YouTube channel but, who else has actually built one? I have haunted a lot of forums (including this one) for a while and there is a modest amount of chatter discussing the boat but I haven't seen positive evidence of anyone building it. Before I take the (very) big plunge of getting the kit I wonder if there is anyone out there that has blazed the trail. Is there any builder community out there?

TIA

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: How many Guiders have been built?

CLC built the prototype for John Guider in 22 days and he raced it in the 2019 Race to Alaska (did not finish).

The Guider page has construction photos in the construction gallery as well as videos showing construction and sailing.

As far as a builder community goes, I have no idea, though the CLC page says at least 2 additoinal kits have been ordered "and the assembly has proven to be smooth and efficient".

Laszlo

RE: How many Guiders have been built?

Thanks Lazlo. I had missed the part on the page where they say two others have been sold and constructed. 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.