using CA glue

Does anyone have experience using CA glue for "tack welding" lapstrakes before applying thickened epoxy? I will be building a Chester Yawl and I came across this method and wondered if there is any advantage to this application. Thanks, Marc, Gettysburg

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: using CA glue

I used it on the Peapod lapstrakes I'm building and it worked great. It is included in the manual. Give it a spritz of activator and it goes faster. I'm not a big fan of the activator from CLC. It works fine...but smells like grape jelly to me :( 

Cheers

Dean

I used it on the Peapod lapstrakes I'm building and it worked great. It is included in the manual. Give it a spritz of activator and it goes faster. I'm not a big fan of the activator from CLC. It works fine...but smells like grape jelly to me :( 

Cheers

Dean

Chester Yawl builder here - using CA glue, especially when wrestling & securing the bow final alignment, proved to be extremely helpful! But beware, it can leave nasty white spots when applied too generously (at least the non-CLC stuff I used did that).

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.