BLBF (FKA OkoumeFest) Boats/Etiquette

So it is looking like I will be able to attend BLBF this year.  Having never attended OkoumeFest, I was wondering what the proper etiquitte is regarding boats.  Is it proper/accepted to bring non-CLC boats?  I will definately bring the Mystery and Yukon because I will paddle one of them in the 20 mile race, but not sure what else to bring.  I don't see much reason to bring any of my four other CLC kayaks (Ch17LT, Ch16LT, S&G Petrel Play, Shearwater Double) because I suspect that there will be multiple examples of each of those present.  My choices are either two non-CLC kayaks or the Goat Island Skiff.  I am a REALLY big fan of CLC and don't want to offend. 

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: BLBF (FKA OkoumeFest) Boats/Etiquette

Our rendezvous has always been ecumenical as to boat designers. All small boats are welcome! Non-CLC boats have won Best in Show at least every other year.

Howard Rice's Cape Horn-rounding Scamp is going to be on display this year, for example.

In chant form Mark...

Bring the Goat!

Bring the Goat!

I have not made a final decision yet, but I am probably bringing four kayaks instead.  If there is any wind at all, the Goat is not the kind of boat that you can turn novice sailors loose in, so I would feel obligated to babysit.  Since there are a number of CLC boats that I want to demo and I am paddling the 20 mile race, I won't have much time for babysitting.  Sorry    

Thumbing through Launchings in Wooden Boat Mag I came across a distinctive foredeck. Sure enough it was MarkN's GIS. Sorry I won't get to see it in person.  

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.