Northeaster Dory Mods

I've listed a few of the modifications I made to the Dory.  I'll add some more later.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/10640650@N02/albums/72157710071773192

15 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Northeaster Dory Mods

I'm afraid I don't have a clue on how to use Flickr and have to thank a friend for pointing out the problem of not seeing my mods on Flickr.  So, here is a better link..hope it works.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFLzedU

Now it's a clickable link. Nice work!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/10640650@N02/albums/72157710071773192   

The new link.   

Thanks, DICKDOWDELL. 

Nice work!!

Couple of new mods regarding the oar locks. You know for all the views I get on Flickr, only one person has thanked me or made a comment.  If this means so little, I'll just drop the whole thing.

Nice work Adm., it’s readily apparent in those pics you not only care a lot for your craftsmanship but you know what you’re doing as well!

You’re playing to a small audience though so the kudos likely will be spare. I say thank you for your efforts! From your pics I’ve gained a new perspective on what’s possible in a kit-built craft assembled & finished with skill & care!

Thank you, spclark.  Afew kind words makes a difference.  I'm more than happy to discuss or help those that ask.  I know how daunting building a boat can be.  Everyone has to start somewhere.  Even my wife has trouble with the simpliest things on a boat, such as tying a cleat.  So, I made a board with a cleat and some rope for her to practice on. 

My wife and I at the ages we are (60's & 70's) are having some difficulty in getting in and out of the Dory.  We even have scheduled some time at the water's edge to try and do this without hurting ourselves.

So, after reading others having similar problems, I set down with coffee in hand this morning to work out a solution.  I had thought of using a rope tied to the opposite gunnel but that wouldn't give over all stability.  So I had to come up with something that would be stable, and easily removable as well as store well.

Well, I did it after a trip to Lowe's and 1/2 hr of assembly.  Take a look in the album and see what you think.

Now one can have something to hold on to and put their weight to the center, as well as use the loading bar to stand up and get out.

Adm. Sinkworthy

Hi Adm,

I built a northeaster dory and am in the finishing stage.  While the varnish dries I have been researching rigging.  The other members spoke highly of your mods and craftsmanship therefore I was very curious as to what you did.   Unfortunately the link to your album does not seem to be functioning.  Might it be me?  If not, would you be willing to send a working link?

Thank you for sharing your work.

Adm. Sinkworthy wrote "You know for all the views I get on Flickr, only one person has thanked me or made a comment.  If this means so little, I'll just drop the whole thing."

If you really want more applause, you could try making your images visible to those of us without flickr accounts. I tried looking at them and got an error page telling me that I needed to sign in. Since I don't have an account, that's never going to happen so I'll never be able to say "Thank you, masked man"

Laszlo

I just killed my F*book account as of today, so don't use that either (or Instagram) if you want me to see your handiwork. Not gonna happen.  

Yes. I'd love to see the dory mods, but lacking a Flickr account, I just get an error message. I share spclark's disdain for F*book, and only check that on leap day of leap years if the Moon is full. . . .    

i signed in and it says 404 error that the album does not exist. Why does it have to be so hard.

Capt. Ainokea asked "Why does it have to be so hard."

- to which I can only reply it doesn't have to be hard.

But to ease the burdensome effort we sometimes struggle with to post images that then would appear here would have a cost.

Other available venues pay those costs - server space, administration overhead, software licensing fees - typically by accepting advertising and the revenue it can bring in.

Which is absent here in that this forum isn't subsidised by anything more than John's dedication to his business plan and customer base.

I don't mind the lack of outside advertising one bit.

As I'm No Big Fan of the various social media entities my preference is to use options for image hosting that don't require a user account. There's a learning curve to climb when it comes to navigating the steps it takes first to get image files hosted then linked to appear here, but it can be done.

For the value this forum provides to its members to my mind it's a small thing to learn how to navigate what the forum's hosting software makes available.

Keep in mind those remote files can and will change over time. It could be a typo, or the file could have been moved, or deleted; that 404 error means the link's broken somehow, making the file all but non-existent to your eyes.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.