Putting stickers or painting designs on craft?

Hi there,

I am making a San O. I have looked everywhere in the local city I live Inverness in Scotland, I cannot seem to find veneer for overlays.

I have a surfboard with a nice design made with paint between the fibreglass and UV finish. Is there any reason why I cannot do the same with the San O? If so what kind of paint could I use? Thanks.

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Putting stickers or painting designs on craft?

p.s. Also, is it ok to put stickers on after finishing too?

Do an Internet search for decoupage.  Also could do the search here.  Your design may have been printed on rice paper and epoxied over.  The rice paper I use is actually called surfboard paper.

Kim

http://www.clcboats.com/forum/clcforum/thread/294.html

I have put decoupage on atop of the glass.  Preferred to apply it under.  Make sure you have a UV protectant over it.   

Yes,you can paint over the epoxy. I used artist's oil paints. that was three years ago. Still looks good.

Hi thanks,

I like the idea of painting or decoupage over the epoxy the best as I want to use two or three colours whereas Im not sure rice paper will do that, and its another thing that seems hard to get round here.

I have some good artists acrylic paints so may look to use them.

I can't get anything local.  Get the stuff off the Net.  You seem to misunderstand how to use the rice paper.  I attach a sheet to a regular paper sheet for stiffness and run it through my printer.  Any thing can be printed.  Some printers bleed tho.  Run tests.

Kim

Hi,

Its not just the rice paper, its also the printing ink to fill my old printer, check if it works,  etc etc. I am fed up with delays such as this kind and only have a few days off and as far as I can see painting the designs with a stencil will be fine between the epoxy and finish????

Finally, I guess a few stickers on finish board is ok too in the same way as stickers on surfboards?

Thanks.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.