Installing mast thwarts in a NE Dory with spaced inwales

I've searched the forum for ideas on attaching the mast thwarts to spaced inwales, but have come up empty.  For you dory builders who have done this, would you care to describe your solution to this little project?  Pictures would be great, but a description would be fine.

BTW, the hull is complete, the inwales are still in pieces on the bench.  Like wise, the mast thwarts are not yet assembled.  I'm trying to lay out the process before cutting and gluing.

Thanking you in advance, all the best,  Dave

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Installing mast thwarts in a NE Dory with spaced inwales

Not sure I understand your question?  The mast thwart for the lug rig goes in the same place it would with or without the spaced inwales.  Is that what you are referring to?  There is no thwart for the sloop rig, just the mast step/box and the stanchions/stays.

John at CLC posted a little diagram of inwale/mast partner installation for a new boat but darn if I can find it. Have a look through the posts for the last month or so. You may have better luck or stamina than I.

I think this might be it:

http://www.clcboats.com/forum/clcforum/thread/35254.html

Ah yes, I just found JohnC's 7/15 post.  (not sure why it did not come up in a forum search) Thank SS for pointing me in that direction, DanS, thank you also.  oceanluvr, thanks for posting your dory's progress.  JohnC's post answered my question.  I appreciate everyone's willingness to help.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.