Ever wonder about the strength of cedar strip construction?

I build a cedar strip canoe... then destroyed it. I knew it would be strong but the fiberglass/epoxy technique is simply amazing... Watch me destroy it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nagWw0us1H0

Thanks for watching! Let me know if you have thoughts or questions!

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Ever wonder about the strength of cedar strip construction?

Don't waste your time watching this....not worth your 3 mins. 

What a tool.
Based on the description I thought there might be a chance to see some objective testing. It’s just a mook trashing a canoe with shotgun and chainsaw. Don’t give this looser the clicks. 

Must think this is Fakebebook. I had to teach spell check to except my version.

OK, so I'm going to make some enemies here, but I actually think it's sort of valid. If you read the text that goes flying by on the bottom, he presents a justification for all this that's pretty similar to what various artists were saying 30+ years ago, as well as using it as a fundraiser for his next project.He's just being a basic unoriginal run-of-the-mill performance artist from the Reagan era. No reason to hate him for it.

My biggest concern was the lack of safety equipment. He was just asking to be drowned, get a skull fracture, etc. and I'm not sure how happy the local police would have been if they'd known about the tossing off the truck.

On the other hand, I've read posts here over the last 15 years about people who've dropped their boats, had them fly off vehicles, etc., as well as questions about can a boat be towed beyond its hull speed.  It was interesting to see video of how a boat actually behaves in those situations.

Too bad it wasn't a jetski.

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.