Mill Creek Slat Seat - Comfort and Back Support

Im starting on a Mill Creek 13 and quite like the traditional look of the seats but would like some feedback on how comfortable the seats are, particularly the lower back.

Thanks

PeterC 

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Mill Creek Slat Seat - Comfort and Back Support

I think you will have to try it yourself. I find them comfortable but my mate doesent like his. They are easy and cheap to build and also can be taken out of the boat when you get to a picnic spot and used as a seat on the ground.

Robert

The seat I built for my Mill Creek is just like the one in the photo but with slats running all the way down the back and no hinge in the seat to fold it.  it is handy because I can take it out to clean the boat or could use it on land.  Frankly however it is so uncomfortable I would not use it on land anyway.  I now wish I would have given up the appearance and gone for something comfortable.  The wood seat is very nice looking but you pay a high price for it - very comfortable for me.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I think I'll get one made up and try it out. 

PeterC 

What about one of these seats to go over the slat seat from Cabelas?...

seat

That seat cover would help alot.  Of course it sort of defeats my original purpose of building the all nature seat.  It is a beautiful seat to cover up but I may look into one of these.  I'm building a sassafras 12 right now with my son and will using the foam seat bottom and back trap system that comes with it.   Not the look I like but I imagine it is way more comfortable and for my son I want to make it as enjoyable as possible.  I can pretend my wood seat is comfortable but he probably won't do so as well.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.