Anyone Else At Pocket Yacht Palooza/Crooza in Port Townsend this weekend?

I'm here in Port Townsend with my NE Dory, going to participate in both the Palooza and the Crooza.  Anyone else going to have a CLC boat there?

Curt  

http://www.pocketyachters.com/Port_Townsend_Pocket_Yachters/Pocket_Yacht_Palooza.html

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Anyone Else At Pocket Yacht Palooza/Crooza in Port Townsend this weekend?

Curt,

Thanks for the greal link.

Cheers,

Dick

RE: Anyone Else At Pocket Yacht Palooza/Crooza in Port Townsend this weekend?

The Palooza was great...that's my CLC NE Dory in the middle...except for kayaks, it was the smallest boat there and the only CLC design.  There was lots of interest from folks that admired the lines, or want to build one.  I should have had CLC literature with me to hand out but I didnt anticipate that much interest.

There were speakers there that participated in the Race To Alaska (R2AK).  Some of those stories were amazing testimony to preparation and hard sailing!

The four day, first annual Crooza the next day was great.  I went on two days of it, going from Port Townsend Fort Worden State Park to Mats Mats Bay 12 miles, mostly rowing on day one, then going around Marrowstone Island back to Fort Flager on day two mostly downwind, great sail, then I sailed back to Fort Worden State Park, which kicked my butt from the header winds coming off Juan De Fuca on the end of day two while the others went on to Mystery Bay.

This 2-day sail for me gave me a whole new appreciation for distance sailors!!

This small boat Palooza/Crooza is gaining in popularity every year and I'd encourage you include it in your travel plans next year if possible!  Plus the structure of the Crooza has powerboats as rescue boats, and is organized around the tides and currents so for novice tidal sailors like me it was great! 

Curt

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.