Colorado messabout reminder

Only 5 days to the Colorado Boatbuilder's Messabout!

Anyone interested in home built boats - whether you've built one or not - is invited to the First Annual Front Range Messabout.
We'll introduce ourselves, show off our boats - with Q&A sessions for the builders - do some paddling, some sailing, a few demos, and generally have a good time meeting some like minded folks!

When:   Saturday, June 19 starting at 10:00am
Where:  Boyd Lake State Park, near Loveland, Colorado

We'll be meeting at the Mussel Beach area, at the North end of the park (away from the jet skis!). There is camping at the S end of the park, and several boat ramps and a small marina in between.

The marina store sells convenience store sundries - including sandwiches and beer - plus life jackets, bait, etc. Otherwise, you'll have to drive into Loveland for supplies.

We will have a few picnic tables next to the shore, and plan to have a canopy and a few chairs - but bring your own if you can. There's a barbecue grill, and we'll have a potluck lunch - bring anything you like.

There's running water and restrooms not too far away, and parking seems ample and close by the beach for you car toppers.

If you can't make it, drop me a line anyway, and I'll put you on the mailing list for future events!

Dave Gentry
[email protected]

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Colorado messabout reminder

Wow time flies, that is this coming Saturday already--thank you for the reminder-the Duck hybrid has its top deck attached to the bottom and the strip top has had its scraping, filling, and first sanding at 1oo grit. Not launch ready but I will bring it along for critique. Looking forward to seeing every-ones elses kayak--see you there. CZ

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.