Build it, Enjoy it!

Posted by Karl on Jun 1, 2005

Pierce, I took the liberty of searching for old posts with your name on them. You seem to be someone who simply would like the chance to get out, enjoy some fishing, and a little quiet time on the water. MC 13 sounds like the boat for you.

You mentioned being partially disabled in a previous post. I only bring this up, because it sounds like the inherent stbility of a design like the Mill Creek, combined with the easy entry/egress of an open cockpit sounds like the ticket.

Build it, get out on some, quiet water and get used to it, then take it wherever you feel comfortable after that. I don't think you'd find a better design for what you want to do with it.

The gentleman who introduced me to the enjoyment of kayaking when I was a lad of 11 or 12, paddled an open cockpit tandem. Fairly wide and stable, much like the MC. Incidentally, he was an old family friend, who had lost 90+ % of the use of his legs due to childhood polio. He was quite comfortable on the water, and fished out of it often.

Go forth and build my friend. Just remember to send us pictures of the boat, the proud owner/builder, and of course the full stringer of rainbow trout you will inevitably be holding!! Enjoy!!

In Response to: Re: Fish this with MC-13? by Randy Knauff on Jun 1, 2005

Replies:

No Replies.