Re: MillCreek 13vs15 4 ki

Posted by Stephen P on Apr 26, 2004

Agreed, I have both the MC15 (extended cockpit) and a Ches 14. The MC15 is a big boat and although capable as a camping platform, somewhat of a compromise for spirited or lazy paddling, I will lend here to visiting relatives but cannot remember the last time I paddled her.

The ches14 is the boat that both my wife (above the max 135 paddler weight) or my 9 year old daughter can paddle. I also enjoy my outings in the ches14 when the wind and water get too wild for the Pax18 (I am at the max weight for the boat, fortunately I have small feet). The ches 14 is a very manageable boat, light, and swift.

Back to the original thread starting point... sometimes you just cannot make one size fit all. Pick a starting point and build that boat. Then using the woodworking skills and paddling experience, build an even better second (and third...) boat.

Not that I've paddled an MC13, but it appears to be an excellent plaform. No record breaking speed demon but still capable of a decent pace. Stable but wide.

Stephen

In Response to: Re: MillCreek 13vs15 4 ki by Paddler on Apr 26, 2004

Replies: