Builders' Forum Archives
S&G Wire Cutter
Posted by Mac on Jan 30, 2006
We're gonna invent this, and John's gonna sell it.
What S&G builders need is a wire cutter that makes smooth, slightly rounded ends which insert easily into the 1/16 inch holes we drill in our panels. Especially when we're "wiring from the bottom" and wearing tri-focals.
I'm thinking to start with, something resembling a cigar cutter with opposing blades which are vee shaped - creating an ever diminishing square when closed over the wire and pushed through. Ideally, there should be multiple blades like a camera iris, but that would be too difficult?
Or, are we looking for a step two device like a little partial pencil sharpener to insert the cut wires into? Preferrably electric for lazy folk like me.
We gotta do this, cause my poor fingers can't take much more I tell ya!
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by LeeG on Jan 30, 2006
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by Chris J. on Jan 31, 2006
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by Mark Camp on Jan 30, 2006
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by Laszlo on Jan 30, 2006
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by Robert Hancock on Jan 31, 2006
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by Robert on Feb 1, 2006
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by Mac on Feb 1, 2006
- Re: S&G Wire Cutter by Moe on Feb 3, 2006