Boatbuilding Supplies » WEST SYSTEM Epoxy
WEST SYSTEM® epoxy is a versatile, 2-part, marine-grade epoxy that bonds and coats fiberglass, wood, metal, fabrics and other composite materials to provide superior strength and moisture resistance.
At CLC we're big fans of WEST System's rigorous testing regimes, which yield epoxy systems of remarkable strength. G/flex, for example, has a modulus of elasticity of 150,000 PSI. We used it for bonding components on our 31-foot proa's carbon rig.
We also like the 207 Hardener mixed with 105 Resin. This is a very low-viscosity, blush-free epoxy ideal for clear-coating and fiberglass work where a varnished finish is desired.
You can easily modify WEST SYSTEM® epoxy to suit your specific project, whether you are...
- Building a strip canoe, kayak, kit boat or super yacht
- Repairing your fiberglass boat, aluminum boat, plasticboat or wooden boat
- Constructing an aircraft or vehicle
- Making household repairs or restoring an historical building
- Creating works of art or high-end crafts