Carlin installation Mill Creek 16.5

I'm at the point to install the wood tabs on the deck beam, but having an issue with the spacing between them. Per the instructions (pg. 121), it states to clamp the tabs spaced as noted in the plans (which doesn't state). The plans show a diagram that includes the noseblock and carlins sitting between the tabs. Page 120 of the instructions denote the carlins meeting at the centerline of the deck beam. Which one is it? 
Note: my instructions are circa 2002 rev B. Revised plans 7-2-97

This kayak was recently donated and I'm finishing the project.

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Carlin installation Mill Creek 16.5

I haven't built the MC16.5, but I did find these pictures in the construction gallery on the CLC MC16.5 page (click to enlarge):

It looks as if the carlins meet at the centerline.

If this doesn't answer your question, try calling CLC support. To contact them, just click on the "Contact Us" or "Customer Service" links at the top right of this page. Or, during business hours there's a chat feature.

Laszlo

The tabs should be oriented from the centerline. I'm currently building a MC 16.5 (my first build). Never built a wooden anything before except a chicken coop. I have had some experience with fiberglass though. I waited till the very last before adding the carlins it made prepping and painting the interior much easier. I believe the pictures I've attached hopefully will explain better than text. SB

San Bernard,

You pictures are invisible to anyone not signed into a google account.

Laszlo

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I dont want to tie up this post with my lack of computer skill issues. I'll get with Nancy Noyes at CLC Monday. SB   

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.