Seat Cleats on MC 16.5

I'm about to install the seat cleats on my MC 16.5. I plan on doing some single handing with it. Do I need to add or lengthen the rear cleats? Do the cleats need to be installed for additional strength or can I move the seat forward and secure with Velcro without the cleats? I weigh 215lbs and wonder what an approximate distance from the rear bulkhead would be to move the rear seat foward. 
SB

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Seat Cleats on MC 16.5

When I've soloed in 2-person boats I've had good success sitting halfway between the 2-person seat configuration.

Laszlo

Did you put the seat directly on the bottom without seat cleats? From previous comments I believe that you use "Creature Comfort" seats.

SB

I do use Creature Comfort seats and they do mount directly on the bottom in the boats that I use them in. That's why I was only giving advice on the position and not the mounting methods. The MC series uses different seats and mounting methods so I didn't know if mine were applicable, but the positioning is

Laszlo.

I'm seriously considering using the Creature Comfort seats especially for solo paddling. Would you mind telling me how you mounted it? 

SB

No need to reply Laszlo, I found what I needed, you'll never guess where... in the assembly manual. 😳

I use the slatted seats with the Creature Comfort seats on top of them. Velcro mounted, easy to adjust for solo or tandem.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.