Help, workshop space needed in Seattle area.

Does anyone have any advice about where I can find/rent some workspace in the Seattle area?  I have been living at a house with a garage, but I need to move and it's been really tough finding a new place with boat building space!  I'm just finishing the hull of my shearwater hybrid 17 and moving on to stripping the deck.

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Help, workshop space needed in Seattle area.

Are you eastside or westside?

I'm far on the eastside, but might be able to help ya out for a few months.

If you have the driveway/yard space, look into renting a unit from Portable Storage.  I rent one from them and use it as my workshop.  I have built 5 boats in it.  I have found it to be a great space (other than having to heat it in the winter.)  They will deliver and place the unit for you, and when you are done they will come get it.  The main office is in downtown Seattle on California somewhere.  BTW I live in Edmonds, but don't have space to offer of my own.  

Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm westside,  I'll let you know if I get in trouble, but I've still got about a month to hopefully work out something this side.  

Hello CurryR,

I had worked out with a friend that I could use his garage to store my boat but I JUST found out that it's way too short!  I need to be fully moved out of my house by this friday Oct 30th.  I'm going to try emailing a few other folks I know but I might really need to take you up on your offer?  It would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks!!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.