Trailer for Chester Yawl

My son and I will be attending the Chester Yawl build class this upcoming November. We are driving in from Norhwest Indiana. What are some good choices for an appropriate trailer for tranporting our Chester Yawl back to Indiana after we complete the class?

CLC recommends the Trailex SUT-220-ST which is a very nice aluminum trailer, curious what "others" are using.

Appreciate any input you could share with me!

Ed Rogala, Crown Point, IN 46307. Cell : 219-743-9372

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Trailer for Chester Yawl

I have a previously owned Chester Yawl that came with a Trailex aluminum trailer. The trailer has 4 pads similar to rooftop Yakima kayak attachments. Some pictures I've seen have the CY on a trailex with two long bunks running for and aft. I'm hoping someone else chimes in because I'm wondering what would be best. 

This is just one of 4.   

Just so you know, you don't really need a trailer for this boat. You could carry it on the roof, on cartop carriers. We have carried our Northeaster Dory that way, and it's a longer, wider and somewhat heavier boat. We took it up to Wisconsin and, once, all the way to the North Carolina coast. 

The CY is a lovely boat!

Just so you know, you don't really need a trailer for this boat. You could carry it on the roof, on cartop carriers. We have carried our Northeaster Dory that way, and it's a longer, wider and somewhat heavier boat. We took it up to Wisconsin and, once, all the way to the North Carolina coast. 

The CY is a lovely boat!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.