Stand Up Paddleboard Built/Used as Microskiff?

Hi! I recently ordered plans from SALT Boatworks for their FRS 12' Micro skiff - which is SUP like in form, but with the capability of carrying a small outboard of less than 4hp. Unfortunately, the boat does not come in kit form.

I will be 70 in May, and I am having some mobility issues getting in and out of our little Pelican PVC kayaks. The CLC Koholo SUP looks like I could use it as a Microskiff, without the motor, of course. I would mount a cooler to use as a seat, and paddle it like a kayak, with a double-ended paddle. Have any of you built, or otherwise used the the kit that way?  I would build the 14', and it seems like it should work?

Thanks!

-Ted Turner

Hollywood, MD

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Stand Up Paddleboard Built/Used as Microskiff?

Hi! I recently ordered plans from SALT Boatworks for their FRS 12' Micro skiff - which is SUP like in form, but with the capability of carrying a small outboard of less than 4hp. Unfortunately, the boat does not come in kit form.

I will be 70 in May, and I am having some mobility issues getting in and out of our little Pelican PVC kayaks. The CLC Koholo SUP looks like I could use it as a Microskiff, without the motor, of course. I would mount a cooler to use as a seat, and paddle suika game like a kayak, with a double-ended paddle. Have any of you built, or otherwise used the the kit that way?  I would build the 14', and it seems like it should work?

Thanks!

-Ted Turner

Hollywood, MD

------------------------

I think you could use the CLC Koholo SUP as a Microskiff, without the motor, of course. The Koholo SUP has a similar shape and size to the Micro skiff, and can handle a variety of water conditions. You could mount a cooler to use as a seat, and paddle it like a kayak, with a double-ended paddle. You may need to make some modifications or adjustments to the Koholo SUP to make it more comfortable and suitable for your needs.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.