PMD Urgent Question: Pintle hardware too small?

I posted this to the FB group but posting here because I have arranged access to a drill press tomorrow AM for this task.

Is it normal to have to really monkey with the pintles to get them to fit? Does the eastport pram use the same pintle hardware?

Longer version:

I am ready to attach the pintles to the rudder assembly, and I'm finding that hardware is perhaps too small. I will have to bend them a bit wider at the pintle pin to ensure i have room to drill the forward hole.

Also, the diagram suggests that if the long bottom pintle is 1 3/4'' up, it will be visually flush with the bottom of the assembly, which it will not be.

So given the above, I am concerned I was shipped the wrong pintles, as I was shipped a wrong part in this sailing kit (the mast step sides were for the eastport pram.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: PMD Urgent Question: Pintle hardware too small?

I don't know why photo did not  post, but it is on flickr.   

https://flic.kr/p/2nggk2J

RE: PMD Urgent Question: Pintle hardware too small?

The FB responses seem to confirm what I hoped, they are just a very tight fit that can require adjustments. Also, the diagram in the PMD manual is misleading about the pintle point aligning with the bottom of the rudder assembly when placed 1 3/4'' above the base.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.