Skerry: when to remove bulkhead stiches

Hello,

I had hoped my first post would be one of my completed skerry, alas I find myself reading the wonderful instructions again and again on this one point.

I have glued the outer panels, there does not seam (dad joke) to be any indication to glue the frames/bulkheads in place (although I did glue the tabs to the bottom and #1 panels.) Additionally the instructions seem to indicate to cut the wires to the frames/bulkheads. I am worried they will pop out and that if I glue them it will make it harder/not look as great later.

Any advice before I call the folks at CLC? I have a few extra hours for the glue to set as the temp dropped in the shop last night.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Skerry: when to remove bulkhead stiches

I recall the Skerry instructions not being very clear about removing the bulkhead stitches.  I went ahead and "tack welded" the bulkheads to the bottom panel and strakes with glue between the stiches, and then removed the stitches when cured.  The tack welds are covered by the generous fillets later, so aren't seen.

RE: Skerry: when to remove bulkhead stiches

Thanks Vashon,

I will tack them tonight I will probably use the same glue as the filet material.

I'll let all of you know how it goes!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.