Anyone have a Passagemaker in the Nashville - Chattanooga - Atlanta area?

I am strongly considering building a Passagemaker to be a tender to our sailboat.  I'd love to see one in person.  I live in the Chattanooga, TN area, but would travel to see one. 

Thanks,

Mark

Sale Creek, TN

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Anyone have a Passagemaker in the Nashville - Chattanooga - Atlanta area?

https://www.clcboats.com/builders_club/search/

- ought to get you some more info on your goal.

You can search a specific build model or a bunch of 'em, with an 'adjustable' search radius.

Good luck!

Thanks spclark!  I didn;t know about that section and I found someone that has a passagemaker just one town over.  I just sent him/her a message.

Mark

Hey that's super! Glad to help!

There's no 'button' to get to the club page at the top of the Forum page, but there are two - one for the Club, one for your Builder's Preference settings (I just updated mine) - on each member's 'account' page. I too'd forgotten it was here until I read a post mentioning it here last weekend.

Great resource! Just like this Forum!    

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I sent messages to the 2 people near me that were listed on the builder's club as having built passagemakers.  There has been no response from either of them, so I guess a road trip back to our old stomping grounds of Annapolis are in order.  It's been a while since I've been to CLC.

Mark

I'm near Columbus, Ohio, so no help to you that way, but I can attest to my experience towing our PMD Winkle around on our local lake with our Menger 19 catboat Virginia Mae, both under power and under sail.  Obviously, we're not taking her aboard, but she's well behaved, even in some lumpy stuff.

.....Michael

Thanks Michael.  That is good to hear and I've read similiar reports about the Passagemaker. 

Mark

Mark:

If you like, I can post some links to Dropbox folders with some photos and such of our PMD in action, some of that showing her playing dinghy to the catboat.  Some of those photos have made their way into the CLC galleries for the PMD, mostly the take-apart version (as ours is), though a couple ended up in the non-take-apart gallery somehow.  (Ours currently are #'s 6, 7, 8, 10 & 11 of 58 in the former, #'s 16 & 19 of 81 in the later.)  There are a few photos of folks with yachts large enough to take their PMD's aboard, too, if you hadn't found those already.

I know photos will only serve as a poor substitute for being up close and personal with the actual thing, but it might help you evaluate whether you want to spend the gas money going very far from home.  Not likely to be much boating here until next spring, but I'd be happy to show Winkle to you then if you ever get a chance to come up this way.

If your sailboat is big enough to take a PMD aboard (the take-apart business would help with that, I should think), or if you don't expect to tow her around in half a gale in open water much, she is a lot of fun, very versatile, carries a load well, tows without fuss, looks great, and has the best-shaped bow I've ever come across for landing folks and gear on a beach dry shod.

.....Michael

Hey Mark,

I had a friend a few mooring balls over that had a PM for their dinghy in the USVI.  We got to play with it a few times while I showed them some tips, tricks and rigging.  You can shoot me an email if you'd like me to share their feedback at clarsen123 AT gmail DOT com.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.