Stitching Duckling Hull and forms

Is there an alternative to drilling extra holes to bring the hull panels together at the keel? They are  dramatically gapped at the bow and stern forms, creating a great deal of stress when I manully try to bring them together.  Would I create a greater problem if I were to remove a portion of the forms (the pointed ends)

The first Duckling was the same, I drilled a bunch of extras, just looking for options.

Thanks!

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Stitching Duckling Hull and forms

��I keep all the stitches loose while stitching the bottom panels. When unfolding and inserting the forms, I wet both ends so the wood is more flexible. �Once I get the forms in nice and tight, I flip the boat over and slowly work the center together until everything meets. I usually dont need extra stitches - but it's not unheard of. If any stitch is too tight, this affects other stitches as well, so make sure your boat is working together rather than against itself.

RE: Stitching Duckling Hull and forms

��I keep all the stitches loose while stitching the bottom panels. When unfolding and inserting the forms, I wet both ends so the wood is more flexible. �Once I get the forms in nice and tight, I flip the boat over and slowly work the center together until everything meets. I usually dont need extra stitches - but it's not unheard of. If any stitch is too tight, this affects other stitches as well, so make sure your boat is working together rather than against itself.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.