Mill Creek Kit

I ordered the MC 13 kit....and discovered that the CNC parts, especially the sheer and bilge puzzle panels do not even come close to matching the drawings. I lofted it out per the 1995 drawings and no way that milled panels can match the lofting offsets....anyone else seen this problem. Probably should have just bought the plans and cut parts from scratch. 

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Mill Creek Kit

Sounds ad if you need to contact CLC using the Customer Service link at the top right of this page. They are really good about working with you to fix problems. If it was a shipping or cutting error they'll make it right.

Laszlo

The Mill Creek 13 of 1995 and the Mill Creek 13 of 2018 are very different boats. Over 23 years we've refined the panel shapes several times for cleaner, easier fits all around. Having built many of all vintages I'd much prefer to build the 2018 version!

I understand that there were probably many design changes from 1995...so the question is why CLC sent a set of drawings with a kit purchase that are dated and no longer accurately reflect the purchased kit? And can CLC provide an updated set of drawings that correctly reflect the kit. 

When you buy a kit, the drawings are an assembly guide, not a definitive plan, so they do not have to be an exact match. It's time to stop worrying and to start wiring your boat together.

Have fun,

Laszlo

No, Canman is quite right. Nowadays most CLC kits just get the assembly manual only, no separate architectural drawings. The Mill Creek 13 kit's mismatched plans are confusing to anyone inclined to compare the kit parts to the blueprints.

The Mill Creek 13 plans-only option is now comprised almost entirely of full-sized patterns, information that would be of absolutely no value to a kit builder.

We've updated the kit contents, and thanks for your patience.

Mill Creek Kayak

Mill Creek 13 Kayak

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.