Necky ACS seat

Hello folks, has anybody looked into or installed a Necky ACS Seat in a WD12. I primarily fly fish out of my duck in both calm rivers and open saltwater by an ocean inlet.i have tried using stock seat but not enough lower back support for me, have used used ocean kayaks highback seat that came with my Trident 13 but found changing adjustments from slightly reclined for fishing to upright for padding quite problematic. Leg and butt issues are not a problem , it is always lower back ( 3 herniated discs).The ACS seat looks like a good solution since all adjustments can be accessed quite easily.Unfortunatly most fishing/paddling seats are for sit-on-tops. Appreciate any and all comments.

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Necky ACS seat

Daniel, I have never installed one in another boat but I can say that the Necky ACS seat is comfortable for me. I have 2 Necky's and 2 herniated discs. I have never really had back issues due to the seat. Once in a while I get the numb butt syndrome but not back pain. The seats are quickly adjustable. Hope that helps.

I have noticed a few posts latley on seats and have been hesitant about putting in my two cents worth but here goes, I built a shearwater sport recently to replace my wilderness 160 zephyr wich I found was a tad big for me and wanted something more versatile. Glad I built the sport ,it is the ultimate boat for me. The zephyr had the phase three seat in it wich is extremely adjustable and comfortable so getting the same comfort in the sport was a top priority. So to cut a long story short , this is it. A rapid pulse back band (clc ) , happy bottom ( clc, cut the thigh pads of so I could put them where I wanted ) and then went in the sweetcheeks 200 bean bag seat from jackson kayaks. This gives me total comfort under my legs and conformes beutifly to my boney rear end , no more pins and needles , no more back pain. Look it up on you tube graet product and good value for money. Now before I get into trouble from clc I would just like to add that this is the only non clc product on my boat and am only posting this with nothing more than the intention to help out other readers. Its just another option.

Locky, Thanks for the info that looks like a comfortable seat. I may have to try one. Don't worry CLC isn't going to come down on you. They're not like that. Who knows, if it gets enough attention maybe they will start carrying them.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.