Best place to sell kayak/roof rack parts?

Looking to sell some Yakima parts. eBay seems like a pain (is it just me?) Craigslist didn't work.

9 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Best place to sell kayak/roof rack parts?

Have you tried Paddling.net?

I often sell thru local kayak clubs.

What parts do you have?

Thanks, Mike. I haven't tried paddling.net and will look for a local club, too.

Barry I've got 2 pair of Mako saddles I bought when i was in a hurry to haul the boats to FL. I found a great deal on a set of Hullraisers, and they work better with my car, so I'm trying to sell the Mako saddles.

what is the preferred rack/cradle system for 17 foot LT.  I am looking to mount 2 boats to a roof Thule bar.

i have my Chesapeake 17 LT on Thule Hull-a-Port Pro's.

I guess Thule/Yakima aren't directly interchangeable (?) but have very similar products. The Mako saddles (boat sits flat/normal position) worked just fine, but the Hullraiser (boat sits on side) takes a little less horizontal space.

For my car I found the Hullraiser located the bow and stern almost directly over the bow tie down points (either under hood EZ loops or car's hard points under bumper). That I liked as once installed on the roof that boat moved a little less and needed less re-adjustment; to be fair this was an 1100 mile trek so both boats needed regular checking of their ties and straps. If I only had 1 boat I'd go with the Mako saddles (or Thule's equivalent).

Are these the Mako Aero, or just the Mako? Will they fit 1" OD tubing?

Please call me. 210-912-9375

I think they're Mako saddles, not Mako Aero; they fit on my Yakima 1" rack tubes. 

Just left you a message.

-Matt 

Thule and Yakima rack parts will frequently work just fine on each other's racks. Sometimes additional adapters are needed when putting Yakima on Thule. I often recommended mixing and matching the two brands for kayak transport when I sold both. I don't have access right now to the fit guides, so I can't be more specific. But if you do some digging on their respective websties, or visit a dealer, you can get details.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.