Builders' Forum Archives
Cooking Oil & Epoxy
Posted by Mike D on Oct 11, 2005
IMHO spraying cooking oil on the tube for a release agent is not a good idea. Epoxy will not bond to smooth plastic hose. After the epoxy cures give the hose a twist and it will easily come out. Just be sure to leave enough sticking out for a good handle.
It is very possible that cooking oil would inhibit the cure where it contacts the epoxy and leave a sticky mess that may not cure at all. I've had that happen with two part urethane casting resins.
Happy Building, MD
In Response to: Re: Carry loops by Jim S on Oct 11, 2005
- Re: Cooking Oil & Epoxy by Jim S on Oct 11, 2005