Builders' Forum Archives
We finally weighed them
Posted by RonC on Oct 25, 2004
Well we finally got the P*&%# finished so we borrowed a bathroom scale from a neighbor and decided to weigh the 3 finsished S&G boats and while we were at it we weighed the tupperwear boat also. Heres what we came up with using the ultra scientific, picking-up-the-boat-and-standing-on-the-bathroom-scale, method.
1 MC 15 our 1st S&G, has the slat seat and LG rudder, no deck glass, has hatches, came in at 62#.
2 Ches 17, Creature Comfor Seat, std rigging and std rudder,hatches but no deck glass, came in at 55#.
3 P&%$# Golden Eye 16', no bulkheads, 4oz glass on deck, no hatches, deck bungies, aftermarket seat and floatation bags fore and aft came in at 38#.
4 Perception SeaLion, 17 ft, tupperwear, std seat and rudder 63#
If any one is interested, the Sea Lion is for sale!
I'm hoping I can get my CH18 in or close to the 55# of my wife's Ches 17.
- Re: We finally weighed th by Jon T on Oct 25, 2004
- Re: We finally weighed th by Rob T on Oct 25, 2004
- Re: We finally weighed th by Alex Ferguson on Oct 26, 2004
- Re: We finally weighed th by Ed on Oct 28, 2004
- it does help by LeeG on Nov 2, 2004