Builders' Forum Archives
Posted by CLC on Feb 19, 2007
There are a couple of comments extant about the distance between deckbeams and aft bulkheads.
The way to guarantee that there'll be enough room between bulkhead and deckbeam for the cockpit is to do a test fit of the cockpit coaming. Prior to gluing in the deckbeam or installing the deck, test the distance between aft bulkhead and deckbeam by resting the coaming on the aft bulkhead and the test-fitted deckbeam. If there's not enough space between deckbeam and bulkhead, you'll know it right then, and you can adjust the deckbeam to suit.
In Response to: coaming conundrum by Antal on Feb 19, 2007
- Re: coamings by Camper on Feb 19, 2007
- Re: coamings by ndeanmoseyjr on Feb 20, 2007
- Re: coamings by Laszlo on Feb 20, 2007
- Re: coamings by Jon B. on Feb 20, 2007
- Re: coamings by Ed, NY on Feb 25, 2007