I'm Watching Y'all Now

Posted by Kurt Maurer on May 27, 2004

"As to the camping weekend, we can all four squish into the Loon 111 just this one last time. It'll make me appreciate the MC 16.5 that much more!"

THAT'S the attitude I like to hear! You always come through with flying colors, Pete, and that's what I like about you. So does Steve. Lissen to him, son... he *really* knows what he's talking about (a former DAP Products Rep). And if you ever hear him pipe up on epoxy safety issues -- REALLY lissen! Trust me on this one...

Steve, my personal boat building mentor, and I stray on just one basic issue. He goes for the finish that will ultimately "make you smile" as he gently likes to put it (and I always love hearing him say it). I, on the other hand, follow the path of least resistance to the water, my new mantra. It simply does not appear on my horizon to win a contest (until the SOB is actually sitting amongst the masterpieces, that is), but it is a point of pride for Steve (in advance, that is).

I thoroughly understand his way of looking at things, too, for I have several awards hanging on my wall from some of the telescopes I have built. It is the same thing, only different.

I have no idea what my point is any more. I just wanted to jump in and badger you guys, I guess. George! What are YOU doing?? Git off yer *ss, boy!! BWAA, ha ha ha haaaa...

Cheers, Kurt

In Response to: Re: I'm Watching Epoxy by Peter Lyons on May 27, 2004

Replies: