Night Heron

Finally finished after 8 months and a few custom modifications.

Here is a link to some photos of the building and final product.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/nightheron/

Makoosie

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Night Heron

Who stained the parts initially? Did it come like that or you did it? Why did you stain the paints to later on paint them?

I never saw deckforms/strongback, anything like that for an stitich and glue hull. Why do we need them for that particular kit?

What is that behind the cockpit, a hatch or just a design thing?

That looks like a tough boat to do the deck to hull joint on inside being so narrow and long? How did you do during this step? Were you able to get in there for the whole length?

How do you like the way it handles on the water? How stable or not is it?

The finished product is nice. Nice job!

RE: Night Heron

Who stained the parts initially? Did it come like that or you did it? Why did you stain the paints to later on paint them? I stained them myslef- later on changed my mind about the colour and painted.

I never saw deckforms/strongback, anything like that for an stitich and glue hull. Why do we need them for that particular kit? I always build on a strongback, the forms came with the kit. The panels were bent around them to creat the shape.

What is that behind the cockpit, a hatch or just a design thing? Decorative. I do not use hatches- ties downs on the front hull are what I prefer.

That looks like a tough boat to do the deck to hull joint on inside being so narrow and long? How did you do during this step? Were you able to get in there for the whole length? The glassing was very challenging and did not go as well as I would have liked. Probably partly my inexperience and partly the sharp angles of the boat. She is solid though.

How do you like the way it handles on the water? How stable or not is it? I found it highly stable, about what I expected for the hull design.

The finished product is nice. Nice job! Thanks.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.